Friday 12 October 2012

Written Off

 Coincidentally, my bladder called about a minute before this whole fiasco started, which in retrospect was probably a blessing as I barely had time to pee for the next three hours.  I have never before had complaint about its impeccable timing, so I was busy doing that when we heard the BOOM.
 My husband jumped out of bed and was hollering out the window, HEY STOP, and I am thinking to myself, "Seriously honey, we have neighbors!" So, we went downstairs and I stared out the front window, and the back of my parents Highlander was gone. A fine welcome for them, visitors for Thanksgiving. I guess the driver, who I can only assume was drunk, had issue over where we had parked, because he shoved my parents car up onto the sidewalk, slammed his car into ours and pushed us both a full car length along the street.
 Our heroic neighbor took off after the driver with his own vehicle.  He followed the broken Envoy's parts down the road, and then a wide trail of radiator fluid down the street, where he eventually found the damaged vehicle. By the time the police came, our neighbor was well in place for a take down.

The police used the helicopter out, and the dogs, but they caught the guy after he caught a cab, and was on his way home. Well, he called the cab three totaled cars too late. You always hear, don't drink and drive, and I guess I have no empirical evidence that they guy was intoxicated at some level, except that he had the wherewithal to actually RUN from the scene.  Now, we're covered to the hilt with insurance and all of that, but here is a double case, of two written off cars and though the extent of punishment will probably rest on our drunk friend, I feel that we're getting a bit punished ourselves, as a new car and car payments are not something I enjoy taking on.

So, all this to say...Thanks Buddy. It's a wonder you're alive...you belong in jail. God saved your life, man.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...