Monday 7 January 2013

New Year Revolution! (Well...a little...personal one)

5. Every time you look in the mirror, and think something negative, say something POSITIVE. 

This is not so easy, and from the few times I've tried it - it feels silly.  But, the willingness to stand in front of the mirror and rip myself apart comes naturally.  Why is THAT? It gets to the place where my husband, or someone else will say something positive about how I look, and I will automatically think they're lying. Sometimes it takes actually standing there and searching your brain for something that is positive.

I've been watching just the opening of the Bachelor - not something I've done in a very long time, but here are twenty stunning women vying for the heart of one good looking (in a Surf's Up Ken kind of way - if you like that kind of thing) guy. It just struck me, the thing that they all want, is what I've already got.

4. Be a MOM.

Ok, I'm already a Mom, but there are some days when I forget that these days of diapers, and bottles, and tears, and snotty noses, and messes are short and quick when compared to a whole lifetime. These are the days that I will look back on with warmth, because these are the days of morning cuddles, kisses, bedtime stories, tickles and laughter, so much laughter. 

As far as goals go, though, I want to be a Mom like my sister, she's so relaxed, and she is as playful as a Mom, as I remember her as a sister. I want to be a Mom like my sweet sister-in-law, so devoted and so gentle. I want to be a Mom like my dear Friend, who isn't slowed down by surprises, and who has more creativity in her little finger than I do in my entire body. Watching them motivates me to be better, and stronger, and braver.

 
3. Write, Write, Write.

I have this little dream, that if I write enough - and a grammar fairy climbs into my computer, and helps me with my terrible grammar, that one day, I might get to go into Chapters and see my book (even if its just one copy) on a shelf. This little daydream also includes a limosine, a tropical vacation and a movie deal, but those last things can wait.  But, to see a book that I wrote, being enjoyed by someone else, would just be the ultimate best dream come true.

2. To speak from my heart.

I get frustrated with myself when I only speak platitudes. When I ask someone how they are, and really only want to hear, good thanks.  When someone asks me to pray for them, and I say I will and forget. I want to mean what I say, to put aside the negative and remember that people want to hear good, loving kind things, just like I do. I want to speak truthful things, always in kindness, always in love.
 
1. Gain 1 more blog follower. 

The last one, for the challenge...It's ok, 365 days, I can do it. I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...