Monday 17 February 2014

Imagine

There was a place
I used to live
it was
Beautiful
it was
My own
But now it's
starting to look
a little run down
a little old
a little forgotten
the wind is cooler
the grass has faded
rich emerald
to just green and though
the sky and water are
still blue
only blue not sapphire
the once friendly faces
look at me
like strangers now
the castles are overgrown with
climbing ivy
ponds are thick with algae
the gates are closed
because years ago
I found my prince
and I could stop looking
I didn’t need them
any more
but I am finding that
I need them now
even though 
I feel 
guilty
spending time with
them instead of
here
where my time is demanded
but land needs to grow
again
this is my wish
my hope
my fondest dream
to be able to live in
both worlds
always


J.Haveman
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...