Tuesday 13 September 2011

Day 10: To Scale a Mountain

After hopping on and off the scale 73 times this morning, I finally decided it may actually be emotionally unstable. It gave me three different weights, concurrently in decreasing order.  At least, I reasoned with myself, it decreased. 

The small victory is in this, initially when I stood on the scale, the number it gave was identical to yesterday and the day before.  I could have had a small fit, something like I usually do, which is when I face the smallest of disappointments my insides fall apart, and I start to hate on everything.  Oh no the dreaded plateau, and you've done it to yourself! But, instead, I thought to myself, God, I am going to keep going and I am going to trust you. I didn't have a terrible day. Then I read something that rocked my world, in Lysa Terkeurst's book Made to Crave she describes a blog a friend was writing, and in that blog the friend says this, define your week by obedience, not by a number on a scale. Wow. 
That is where I want to be ALL the time.  In obedience with what God wants me to do.  It's a slow start, but here's to forward motion.  Today I looked in the mirror, and I liked what I saw.


So, here I sit at some undefined corner called pounds, between the numbers 195.04 and 194.04, and I am smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...