Tuesday 27 September 2011

Day 19: A mile in heels is longer than a mile in flats

I went to a Ladies group today, last week I noticed that lots of the more trendy girls were wearing sleek jeans with cute shoes poking out the bottom adding a feminine touch to the every day work jean.  Now, in no way do I consider myself an expert on anything fashionable, but the thought occurred to me that I sure liked that look.  It made me feel kind of bulky and awkward in my over supported, laced to the top running shoes.  This morning as I was getting dressed, I grabbed a cute pair of shoes I had tucked away in my closet and wore those.  

No one noticed, but I sure felt like I was fitting in. The shoes were even cooperating with me, and the pain was bearable.  When everyone sat and we relaxed, I was proud of how my feet were holding up.  I really enjoyed the group, and when it was finished stood to go.  Well, the pain that had been holding out well before, was now in full screaming color.  I hobbled back to my car, and limped my way home. No one noticed.

To fit in for a pair of shoes? Really? I'm not sure my feet will be back to their happy selves for weeks, all for a selfish wish to fit in.  I feel good about the weight that I've lost, but I don't want to strive to fit into something that I'm not to replace the weight.  At times I even find myself being judgmental and critical.  Every day, God is teaching me things and showing me things and I feel like the road just gets longer.  I don't think that's a bad thing, I'm willing to learn, and willing to change my heart.  I'm just grateful that God doesn't require me to walk that road in high heels.

Today 188.04 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...