Tuesday 6 September 2011

Day 3: Trust Issues

The scale and I have entered in to a short term peace agreement. It won't jump unexpectedly whenever I go and stand on it, and I won't smash it to bits with the hammer I'm now keeping in the bathroom. The talks are a bit shaky - this morning I weighed in at 202.0 lbs. So...down from the highest, but up from the lowest, and I'm starting to think I have trust issues.

I could probably go into a very long diatribe about where the trust issues came from, but the truth is, I haven't got a clue.  I can remember even at a very young age having anxiety about things. One time I even remember being so worried about being at a local park alone with my sisters, I convinced them there was a bear hiding in the bushes about to eat them and we should go home. They followed begrudgingly. (Though the probability was that there really WAS a bear nearby I doubt it was one that wanted to eat any of us for lunch).  I am finding that trust isn't a simple concept in the least - and for me it's somewhat backward. I'll trust just about any salesperson who comes to my door and says that their product is superior. (I'm getting better at this but, I have a vacuum and almost had an entire alarm system because of this) Yet, I am realizing with fits of shocking alarm, that not only are there things I don't trust my own husband to do - there are things I don't trust GOD, my creator to do. 

That realization was severely disturbing.  Is it that I really need to be in control so much that I can't even trust God to take care of me in a basic way? Not only that, now that I've realized that fact it is imperative that I give up control to him and even though I don't know what the plan is, that I have to be ok with that. 

I don't know if I am there yet.  I think it's all a part of this process.  I will get there, I need to trust God even in the smallest of things, like what I put in my mouth.  That's when I get to move forward.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

all the sins we see

He raped me. My friend, sweet and gentle, said it straight out like she was talking about the movie we'd seen not too long ago toget...